Thursday, December 17, 2015

Science Poetry Competition -- Deadline 29 February 2016

There are so many poetry contests out there, and I don't have the ability to let folks know about all of the wonderful opportunities. However, every so often, I hear about one that I just have to mention.

Event Horizon announced its Science Poetry Competition, which will award $500 to a poem inspired by and/or incorporating scientific thinking, concepts, or principles. There is no entry fee for the contest. Poems must be submitted by 29 February 2016.

The contest will be judged by Alan Shapiro, who happens to be the author of one of my most-favorite-ever poems, Space Dog. This poem makes me cry every single time I read it.

If you need some inspiration for writing a science-based poem for this contest, you can always buy a copy of My Cruel Invention: A Contemporary Poetry Anthology, which features poems about or inspired by inventors and inventions. As editor of the anthology, I had a wonderful time reading through and selecting these poems. I am a science geek at heart.



http://meerkatpress.com/books/my-cruel-invention-a-contemporary-poetry-anthology/

No comments: