Thursday, December 18, 2014

Getting Back into Travel Writing

When I worked as Director of Outreach for a trade association, I had the pleasure of traveling around not only the U.S., but internationally to conferences and meetings. My travels inspired my poetry, but I also wrote occasional non-fiction about the places I visited, or travel tips.

Living in Berlin, I have learned a lot about the city's history, its architecture, and its cultural attractions. Because of this knowledge, I wanted to get back into travel writing. Finally, after nearly a year and a half of research, topic brainstorming, and pitching, my first two articles are now published.

"The City behind the City of Berlin," GoNOMAD Travel, November 2014

"Kunstquartier Bethanien," Slow Travel Berlin, December 2014

I feel like I am now getting some traction with my efforts. Of course, having two very recent writing clips will help tremendously as I pitch ideas to other outlets.

As 2014 comes to a close, I am already beginning to think positively about the prospects for 2015.

And keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: