Thursday, January 09, 2014

Hello 2014!

I dove right into the new year when I got back to Berlin after visiting family over our two-week Christmas break. Still feeling a bit jet-lagged, but hoping that is over soon.

I always start each year wide-eyed with all the possibilities it holds. I've got so many ideas and need to force myself to focus on one at a time. There are workshops to teach, articles I want to write, jobs I want to apply for, new friends I want to hang out with, and family that I want to hunker down and watch the snow with (if we ever get any snow here in Berlin!).

The Bode Museum in Berlin
Oh, and I want to make time to be a tourist as well. We've only been here less than six months and there are so many parts of the city I want to see. I need to make the most of this great opportunity I have living in a new country and learning a new language.

Oh, and I want to REALLY learn this new language. Though I think I must be improving because my 8-year-old daughter is not correcting me as much as she was when we first arrived. And I did have a waitress tell me that my pronunciation of Schwarzbier had no trace of an American accent. That's progress, right?

Gute Nacht!

No comments: