Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Last U.S. Readings -- I'd love to see you...

The past month has been a blur of activity. We officially leave for Berlin in late-July. I have two more readings coming up, which will be the last places that you can catch me -- that is, until I get an NEA grant, or some reading gigs that will pay my travel expenses:

Sunday, June 16, 2013, 2:00 p.m.:  Open Door Reading SeriesFeatured readers Bernadette Geyer and Sean Enright.The Writer's Center, 4508 Walsh Street, Bethesda, MD. Free and open to the public. 

Sunday, July 21, 2013, 3:00 p.m.:  Joaquin Miller Poetry Series.Featured readers Bernadette Geyer and Rachel Richardson.Rock Creek Nature Center, 5200 Glover Road, NW, Washington, DC. Free and open to the public. An open reading follows.


I've already been scoping out the literary scene in Berlin. It looks quite exciting, and I should have no trouble finding readings to go to. In fact, if I was already there, I'd be checking out the Poesiefestival Berlin, which is happening THIS WEEK! What a lineup of events! -- panel discussions, slams, and readers from around the world -- including Ilya Kaminsky, Don Paterson, and Valzhyna Mort.

I've also been tracking bookstores and cafes with literary events, and have even discovered the St. George's English Bookshop, which imports books from U.S. presses -- including Ugly Duckling Presse!

No comments: