Thursday, April 04, 2013

Honoring National Poetry Month - Reading Poetry Every Day!

While many of my friends are participating in National Poetry Writing Month (aka NaPoWriMo) -- writing a poem a day for the entire month -- at this point, I am taking a break from drafting for a little while.

So, to honor National Poetry Month, I am simply focusing on reading poetry every day.

Here's what I've read so far:

* A Handful of Bees, by Dzvinia Orlowsky
* Crab Orchard Review, Winter/Spring 2012
* The White Words, by Baron Wormser

And I am currently reading American Poetry Review, Sept/Oct 2012.

How are you celebrating?

6 comments:

Emily Shearer said...

Carpathia by Cecilia Woloch
sweet nothings by nate pritts
The Making of a Poem by Mark Strand and Eavan Boland
(All three of the above, among 15 total (including yours, sweet Bernadette) purchased at AWP this year!)

dancing in odessa by Ilya Kaminsky - purchased at AWP last year!

AND writing a series of 15 poems for my Exile Literature course.

Bernadette Geyer said...

Wow! Sounds like a great way to celebrate poetry! I loved Dancing in Odessa, and have a couple of the others on my "wish list" for future purchase.

Jennifer said...

well, not that it is "celebration" perse, but I'm reading poetry every day too... :) And writing as well

Bernadette Geyer said...

Hooray!

Greg said...

Reading lots of poetry: April Poetry Magazine, Greg McBride's book, Charles Wright (always!), several daily e-mail poems, et al. Writing a little. Wrote a post for Laura Shovan that went up on her blog today (4/18).

Bernadette Geyer said...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get Greg's chapbook! Congrats on your music post for LPR!