Sunday, March 24, 2013

Use-less Stuff - March edition

I haven't posted on the subject in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been getting rid of things! This past week:

*  Old birdcage
*  Cocktail shaker
*  Barware set
*  Old desk
*  Broken clock
*  Old radio
*  Hundreds of pages of old papers and brochures for tourist attractions we've been to or that we thought about going to at some point in the past 20 years
*  Old tear sheets of book reviews for books I want to read (I logged them onto my "wish-list" in Goodreads)

Whew. I might take a look through a box of old Christmas decorations that I didn't even realize existed in our basement until we moved some other boxes and saw it.

Spring is here and I have cleaning fever! Beekman's Antiques, ReFind, and Vienna Music Exchange are my new best friends.

If only the people on Craigslist were a bit more reliable...

2 comments:

Steve Rogers said...

We are doing the same thing. Although I am a little disturbed by the notion of jettisoning a perfectly good bar set and cocktail shaker. Those just seem to get better with age, no?

Bernadette Geyer said...

We don't really use the bar set or cocktail shaker. We are more "margarita" than "martini" people. Just give me a blender and I'm set!