Monday, February 25, 2013

Use-less Stuff #2

I've ramped up the house-cleaning! I've got spring fever and it's not even spring yet. Here's what I've gotten rid of over the past week:


* A dozen old pins and one trophy from Junior Achievement - donated to the organization's Finance Park facility in Fairfax County.

* A year's worth of back issues of Better Homes & Gardens and DIY magazines, picked up by a fellow Freecycler. (If you haven't heard of Freecycling, you should go to this web site right now!)

* A bag of books taken to the local used book store. (Okay, we came back home with 5 new-to-us books using store credit, but it still counts!)

*  Ice skates our kid grew out of.

*  Dozens of old cards and gift cards from our box of Wedding memorabilia. (Why did we save all those?!)

There are several other odds & ends put in the boxes for a late-Spring yard sale, so it's been a great week for getting rid of use-less stuff around here. Several things on Craigslist and Emma that I'm waiting for someone to bite on.

What have you gotten rid of lately?

2 comments:

Anne Higgins said...

Cleaning out in anticipation of Spring is a great thing. I keep trying to weed out my books, but I end up getting more. I have an office at school and basically just one room at home ( I live in a convent!) so that keeps my collecting tendencies in check!

Bernadette Geyer said...

Yes, the books! Every time I finish reading one, two more arrive in the mail! I also gave away to a friend about a dozen back issues of literary journals, but it seems my "to read" shelf remains overflowing. I've realized that when I have more space, things just come to fill it. I admire you keeping your collection in check!