Thursday, September 27, 2012

So Many Poems...

Now that my first full-length book is heading for publication early next year, I've been assessing the poems that didn't make it into that manuscript.

I already have another full-length book that I am working on, with 54 pages of poems towards that. I appreciate that I will have time to go slow in considering the organization of it and writing poems to fill what I think may be "thematic gaps" (as I like to call them).

But in the past week or so, I was also realizing that I have a stash of some of my more outrageous poems -- persona poems in some fairly odd voices -- that may work as a chapbook in between books.

As with anything, timing is key. I don't want to step on the toes of my first full-length book, so I'll be devoting 2013 to that. I want to assure you that after a long silence (my first chapbook was published in 2001) you may be hearing more from me in the coming years.

No comments: