Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Scabbard of Her Throat

I am thrilled to announce that my first full-length poetry manuscript, The Scabbard of Her Throat, was selected by Cornelius Eady for publication by The Word Works in its Hilary Tham Capital Collection series.

The book is set to be published in early-2013, in time for the Association of Writers & Writing Programs annual convention in Boston. Looks like I'll be going this year!

I will keep folks updated on the process and especially any readings I have set up for it. I will be reading at the IOTA Poetry Series on February 10th in Arlington, Virginia, and am hoping the book will be ready by then.

6 comments:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Big congrats!

Bernadette Geyer said...

Thanks, Karen!

sarah gutowski said...

Congrats again, Bernie. If all goes well, I'll make it to Boston and be able to buy your book at the book fair! (I'm hoping the baby comes on time/late so that I can go!)

Bernadette Geyer said...

Yay! I would love to see you there, Sarah!

Reb said...

I missed this first time around because I was at the beach when it was posted. Congratulations!

Bernadette Geyer said...

Thanks, Reb!