Friday, December 30, 2011

The Chair!




More than 15 years ago, I bought an antique desk chair at the Georgetown Flea Market for $10.00. It was rickety back then, and grew ever more rickety over the years. As you can see, the original finish is badly flaked away. The fabric was threadbare. But I continued to love and use this chair.

Finally, I sent it back with my Dad when he visited this past spring, and asked him if he could refinish it and fix/replace the dowels as my Christmas present. I told him I'd take care of reupholstering the seat if he could just do the rest.












When I went back to Pittsburgh for Christmas and saw what he'd managed to do to revive the chair, I was thrilled! Today, I went to G Street Fabrics and found a fantastic upholstery remnant and recovered the seat.

I even have enough fabric left over to do a small ottoman or pouf!









The chair is now complete, and I'm looking forward to sitting on something stable as I write and revise my way through 2012...





No comments: