As I mentioned before, I decided not to do NaPoWriMo this April because I had so many drafts from last year that I needed to get back to. Finally, last week, I got back to the ones I drafted in November, which are a new series I've been working on.
I am reluctant to say that I am very excited about this series for fear of jinxing the project, but really, I can't help but be thrilled with the way they've been working out. I've got nine solid poems for the series, which are being sent out this week. Probably nine more that might be improved if I give them some good solid attention over the next few weeks.
I'd really like to end up with about 20-25 total poems for the series, which I could then assemble as a chapbook. Any more than that and I think I'd be "pushing it" as far as the theme/form. Definitely perfect for a chapbook, though.
More details to come as the project progresses...