Tuesday, March 08, 2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 is coming!

Maureen Thorson has created a new website for the upcoming National Poetry Writing Month, aka NaPoWriMo!

Last year was a very creative year for me. I challenged myself in February, April, and November, to write a poem each day. As a result, I have more than enough poem drafts to keep me occupied for the entirety of 2011, even if I don't draft a single new poem this year (too late, I've already drafted a few).

Needless to say, this means I do not foresee myself participating in any poem-a-day challenges this year.

But, if you're looking to jump-start your writing, you can sign up on Maureen's site to participate, cheer on, and be cheered on by fellow poets participating in the challenge. I have been consistently amazed by some of the poems that have sprung from my poem-a-day challenges.

Even if you don't come up with any gems, you'll at least have gotten yourself back into the writing groove.

I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines this year...

No comments: