Friday, March 25, 2011

First Week of Spring - Preparing for Snow

After a couple of weeks of warm weather, I jumped right in on the first day of spring and began weeding. Then planted some early herb/lettuce/radish crops. Weeded some more. Taught my daughter to ride her bike without training wheels. Weeded some more. And now I hear we're expecting 1-3 inches of snow Saturday night! Eeek! If only I could be assured that would kill the weeds and not my cilantro!

March has been a busy month. Visitors, travel, and a few teaching gigs to keep me extra busy. While I've already said I will not be doing the poem-a-day thing for National Poetry Writing Month, I am looking forward to April as a chance to get back to my own writing work. There are some drafts that haven't been looked at since I first wrote them back in November. And more scribbles and notes made earlier this year that may one day meld into something resembling a poem draft.

But, in the meantime, I: entertain, finish newsletters for clients, plan the garden, cheer on 5th-grade poets, and take whatever spare moment I have to wander my yard and watch the gradual establishment of the new season.

I can't remember where I heard or read the following quote, but I am reminded of it this week:

"Everything happens suddenly, no matter how long it takes..."

No comments: