Saturday, February 26, 2011

Checking in

I'm not going to go all "Father forgive me, it has been nearly two weeks since my last post" on you, but I did want to check in for a moment.

I'm in the final stages of drafting my first review for a print journal in quite some time (perhaps EVER) and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm reviewing two chapbooks by presses that focus on chapbooks, a subject that you well know is near and dear to my heart. If the journal likes the review well enough, I'll be posting more info later.

At the recent AWP conference (was it really almost a month ago?) I attended a great panel - The Good Review:Criticism in the Age of Book Blogs and Amazon.com, which was very thought-provoking and lively (excepting for the random thoughts of one panelist who didn't seem to realize she needed to "prepare" ahead of time and ended up talking about the Dear John movie for some strange reason). Of course, the panel served to invigorate me as I  move into a new year of reviewing...

Now, if I can just finish updating links and graphics on all of those archived review pages!

No comments: