Monday, October 25, 2010

When the student is ready... the challenge appears

There is a saying "When the student is ready, the master appears." I love this saying.

In my case, I have had a project in mind for a chapbook. Because of the "subject" and "form" I plan to use, I think a full-length book might be pushing it. And so, as November nears, I find out about Robert Lee Brewer's "2010 November PAD Chapbook Challenge"!

10 to 20 poems in a month. Yep. I think I can. If I can't, I'll have fun trying. The subject matter is interesting and I'll have to hit the library to do some extra research, but I feel like the time is right, some projects are coming to an end, and I'm gonna be sure as hell to not let the fallen leaves of November take over my life as they did last year.

If you're up for a challenge, here's the link to the rules. I won't be submitting for the contest, but I'm taking up the challenge to get this project underway.

Who's with me?

5 comments:

Giulia said...

I think I am. Thanks for the link, Bernadette. Just read the rules quickly & it works for me. (I'm not going to be in the contest either.) I'll think about it some more over the next two days before I say "yes" publicly. I've actually done most of my research (more always comes up, of course). Hmmm. Thank you so much.

Cheers...Susan

Bernadette Geyer said...

Fantastic!

Even if I only get one good poem out of it, this will at least give me the impetus to start on the project.

Good luck to you!

Stephan Anstey said...

I'm with you!

Bernadette Geyer said...

Awesome! Good luck!

Stephan Anstey said...

;) for the last 15-20 years, I usually write 2-5poems a day, so this is right up my alley.