Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Writing Break

I almost didn't draft any poems this weekend. Peter returned from his business trip on Thursday night, so I've been socializing with the family and good friends the past few days. But, thanks to my sleepy family, I had about an hour this morning to read and draft a couple of poems to catch up.

I'll be doing another "NaPoWriMo Update" this week, but with Frida finally starting back to school after her 2-week spring break, I'll be playing catch-up for the first couple of days.

Great discoveries:

  • Walker Nature Education Center - Located in Reston, Virginia, this relatively new (opened November 2009) center showcases green building and sustainable design practices. Inside is a lovely library and education center with hands-on exhibits. Great trails to hike as well as a gazebo perfect for a picnic lunch. The center will host an Earth Day celebration next weekend.
  • Pasa Thai - Awesome restaurant in McLean, Virginia. We used to have another "favorite" restaurant for Thai cuisine, but I think Pasa Thai just blew it away!

No comments: