Monday, April 12, 2010

NaPoWriMo 2010 - Update #2

I've really gotten into the swing of things. What I love about forcing myself to draft every day is that my mind becomes very open to the possibility of a poem in everything. Today, as I was cutting up watermelon, the first line of a poem came into my head. Then another. I love mindless, repetitive tasks for the mere reason that they allow my brain to focus on what I really want to think about.

Here's the poem title update:

1. Spring
2. The Fish Luck Caught
3. Poem Beginning with a Line from Houseman
4. "Names" Part IV.
5. Bath
6. Parable of the Fish
7. Temptation
8. "Names" Part V.
9. Cleaning the Windowsills in Spring
10. In
11. Wrong Number
12. Diet

1 comment:

Giulia said...

You've inspired me, B. Will begin tomorrow. I don't know why I've resisted the last few years. It does work.

I saw your posts just in time to save the month from total nothing.

Also. You inspired me to clear out years' worth of stuff from my suddenly-larger apt. Still working on it, but I thought you should know that you're not writing into nothingness. I have all the books, I have Real Simple, I know what to do but was not doing it. I read your first "I'm doing it" & I started, too.

I am in your debt, my dear.

Susan