Sunday, February 14, 2010

Surviving the Snow-cation

Ways I have been surviving the snow's disruption on my usual routine:

  • Bought a swimsuit - I'm feeling good about this because I usually wait until late-July to even start looking. I'm ahead of the game here.
  • Rounded up some stuff for the charity truck. Basement's looking a lot cleaner.
  • Helped Frida paint the old, dated brass scrolled doorknob plates for her closet doors. Razzle-dazzle pink, y'all.
  • Shoveled. And then shoveled some more. And then went ice skating. And then shoveled again.
  • Hot cocoa.
  • Duck sausage soup. Ooooohhhh this was good. The sausage was smoked as well. Drool.
  • Whining.
  • Reading.
  • A little bit of writing, but it's taken a turn for the worse as all I have had on my mind for the past week is snow/ice. Stuck in a thematic rut. Must break free.
  • Olympics - thank you for filling the TV-watching time formerly inhabited by football. I was wondering what I would be vegging-out to in the evenings.

How have you been biding your indoor time?

1 comment:

Valerie Loveland said...

I went snowshoeing yesterday!