Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Need Less Postings

For the past several months, I've been trying in earnest to get rid of things we don't need or don't use anymore, in an effort to "Need Less". The more we have, the more we have to take care of, and the more space we need to store it. Ugh. I'm paring down.

Of course I'm keeping things that may not be absolutely necessary, but typically only if they also bring joy to my life. I'm a lover of both beauty and function.

So, these occassional "Need Less Postings" will document some of the clutter I'm jettisoning from my life.

This week:

* A baby gate that was stored in my cellar and not used for about 2 years.
* Parts for a canvas storage wardrobe that we haven't used in about 6 years. Really. We didn't even realize it still had all the parts.
* About 50 wire hangers from dry cleaning services. I'm taking them back from whence they came. Most dry cleaners will actually take back their hangers if you ask them. The closets are much roomier now.
* An old leather trench coat I've been trying to get rid of for months on Craigslist. The price will drop yet another $5 in my effort to at least get a little something from it.

I hope these "Need Less Postings" will inspire you to also clear some of the clutter out of your lives.

1 comment:

Karen J. Weyant said...

Great Post -- I have been trying to declutter my life as well. Over the holiday I got rid of two boxes of books, a garbage bag of clothes, and yes, a stack of those pesky clothes hangers. My dry cleaners actually will give me a discount on my next order if I return so many wire hangers!

Good luck!