Monday, November 09, 2009

NaLeafBloMo

While for most writers November is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and while many writers I know are posting daily updates on how many words they've written so far or how many poem drafts, I feel as if I'm going through a National Non-Writing Month.

But that's not true. Every day, I write. I'm writing queries, proposals, cover letters, book reviews. Just not fiction or poetry.

This weekend, I will have a short "getaway" to Alexandria for my own writing-sanity weekend. Yeah, it's not far, but it's got everything I need within walking distance from a hotel room, and it's only a half-hour drive from my house, so I don't have to waste a lot of time traveling. I plan to revise a lot of poems that have been lanquishing on my "editing desk" for months. And I plan to get in some good uninterrupted reading time.

This week, I'll be planning which books I want to bring with me...

2 comments:

giulia said...

I know two people who finished their (successful-in-the-way-we-think-of-it) novels this way. There are more (but I don't know them). Glad you've planned it, B. I'm having my own non-writing month. Off to zen-swim laps. That usually does something (& if not, I feel better).

xo

PS: I can't help but shill. If you find yourself near an IKEA per chance, until 24th Dec. all those adorable soft toy animals will be helping to raise $ & pounds sterling for UNICEF & Save The Children.

Penultimatina said...

I am right there with you. My life has been all leaves, no poems. I'm hoping now that the trees are bare the poems will come back.