Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Summer Reading - What's your favorite so far?

We have entered the final month of summer. Many people have already taken their "summer vacation," while others are in the throes of packing and preparation for theirs. Since "reading" is a major part of so many people's vacations, I thought I'd take stock of what have been favorite books, journals, or poetry collections.

So, what has been your favorite read so far this summer?

Mine has been Reasons for Moving, Darker & The Sargentville Notebook: Poems, by Mark Strand.

2 comments:

Gary L. McDowell said...

I'll go with Kafka's "Blue Octavo Notebooks." It was a thrilling find for me.

Karen J. Weyant said...

Before this week, I would have said that The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist. However, now I am lost in The Lost City of Z.

As for poetry? I loved Patricia Smith's Blood Dazzler.