Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Fever

Summer Fever has hit me hard... Of course, it doesn't help to spend 2 full days outside at Sesame Place, the Sesame Street-themed amusement park in Pennsylvania, reliving my childhood vicariously through my 3-year-old daughter.

I posed with Cookie Monster. I high-fived Ernie. I will admit that Big Bird's vapid stare gave me the creeps during our lunch with him.

I relished a 2-hr nap back in the hotel on the first day during the rainshowers which served mainly to clear out the park so that we could go back and ride without standing in a single line.

I rode water slides countless times stopping only to take a break on the carousel or the Flying Elmo Fish ride.

I promised to go back every summer if we are able to.

I returned home to 88 degree usual DC heat today.

I returned to find out that none of my close friends were involved in the crash of the Red Line Metro Trains that killed nine people and injured countless others.

Now, I'm trying to motivate to continue work on the monthly fuel cell newsletter I write & publish. But it's hard to return to normal.

No comments: