Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Use Forever - Because You Never Know

Just a quick reminder that the price of first class US stamps will increase to 44 cents on Monday, May 11, 2009. I stocked up on Forever stamps today.

The U.S. Postal Service is not usually very good about alerting folks to upcoming increases in postage. That's why for about 2 years now I've always used Forever stamps on all of my SASEs that I include with manuscript submissions to editors. Because you never know how long it will take an editor to respond to your submission, and postage rates just might increase before they do.

For editors, it saves them having to put all those 2-cent stamps on your SASE: an added cost to them, and a disincentive to send you that rejection.

1 comment:

Steve Rogers said...

What a great suggestion! I have run into that problem twice dealing with the Washington Prize.