Tuesday, May 05, 2009

My Love/Hate Relationship with the Potal Carrier

Today, Frida brought home a lovely colored picture from preschool: depicting a man, a woman, and their postal carrier. As the daughter of a writer, Frida is already very aware of the importance of the postal carrier's daily visit. She knows how the mail works. She knows the thrill of getting something "good" in the mail, as well as the disappointment of a "bad mail day."

Of course, I am always grateful for the days the postal carrier arrives bearing books and/or journals. Even more so for contributors' copies. Recently arriving:

New Zoo Poetry Review #12, 2009 - contributors include myself, Mary Biddinger, Julie Brooks Barbour, Sally Rosen Kindred, Sally Molini, Steven D. Schroeder, and John Surowiecki.

The Evansville Review, Vol. XIX, 2009 - contributors include myself, Jeannine Hall Gailey, John Updike, Dana Gioia, Rachel Hadas and Rhina P. Espaillat.

Unfortunately, I am so behind on my reading that I am still working my way through journals I picked up at the 2008 AWP conference!

Well, while Frida naps I had better get back to reading, before the next mail delivery...

No comments: