Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Writing Weekend Getaway Recap

When I look back, I did get a surprising amount of writing done in the 48 hours I was in Leesburg for my solo writing getaway this past weekend:

* 3 poem drafts
* revisions on 2 other drafts
* a smattering of notes for my next manuscript

Plus I finished proofreading a manuscript for a client and read practically the entire collection of essays by Stephen Dunn, Walking Light.

In addition, I did a little shopping for myself, had a makeup artist use my face as her canvas, hung out in antique stores, drank way too much wine at good restaurants and enjoyed many fine, uninterrupted meals.

I must urge you all to get to The Wine Kitchen, which is a relatively new restaurant in Leesburg. I wish there was something like it in my town. Oh wait, there is... Church Street Cellars. I must remember to hang out there more often.

1 comment:

32poems.com said...

Sounds like fun! I hope it was restful. =-)