Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Top 10 Reasons I Haven't Written a New Poem Lately

Even though I haven't written a single new poem since September, I looked back at what I have been doing and realize I've still been making time for my muse, just not by writing new poems. And hey... maybe that's not what I need to be doing right now anyway, considering my new manuscript idea needs to be fleshed out thematically and structurally before I can begin actual poem-assembly.


10. Using creative capacities to develop recipes for Nursing Mom Recipes web site.

9. Getting around to the very adult things that should've been taken care of when Frida was born (ie. financial planning, wills, setting up SEP IRA for myself).

8. Working on some poem translations.

7. Revising promising poem drafts that have spent too much time abandoned on my desk.

6. Jotting notes, lines, thoughts and structural suggestions for next manuscript project.

5. Thanksgiving

4. Christmas

3. Frida's 3rd birthday

2. Various colds & illnesses

1. Family & friends (cause that's what it's all about anyway)

No comments: