Thursday, July 24, 2008

Moving the World Just a Smidge

Many years ago, I had the pleasure of dining with a couple of business associates in Berlin. After a few glasses of wine, the conversation turned from business to personal issues and one of the associates confessed his greatest goal in life was to have enough affect on the world to move it just a smidge.

I have carried that goal with me ever since.

I recently received a lovely thank you email from a new mother who subscribed to my Nursing Mom Recipes web site. Her note brought tears to my eyes because in it, she told me that my web site has given her hope.

I have always been pleased to know when someone has enjoyed my poems, but nothing can beat the rather humbling knowledge that I have given one person hope. And with that knowledge, I believe that the world may have moved just a smidge.

No comments: