Thursday, April 17, 2008

Conversation While Eating Yogurt

"Mommy, I like your head."

"Well thank you!"

"Mommy, you like my head?"

"Yes, I like your head very much."

"I can't take my head off" (tries to lift head off neck) "It's stuck."

"Honey, you're not supposed to be able to take your head off. It's supposed to be there."

"I can't do it." (sulks, pouting)

"Maybe when you're older you'll be able to." (this is my response to most things she says she can't do...)

"Yeah. When I get older I take my head off. Mommy, when you get older, you take your head off?"

"Yes. When I get older I'll be able to take my head off."

1 comment:

About Bobbi C. said...

Cute story, Bernadette! It reminds me of something my grandmother used to say about tart foods...that they'd "take the top of your head off"...LOL.

bobbi c.
poet, blogger, cat herder, WOMPO member, etc. etc.